Sunday, December 20, 2015

Kjell Bergh, Honorary Consul for Tanzania Farewell Note

Dear friends,

Since 2000, it has been an honor and a privilege to serve as Honorary Consul for Tanzania.

It has allowed me to work with an extensive network of truly outstanding and dedicated people within the Tanzanian government as well as within the diaspora. Equally importantly, it has been such a valuable experience to work with the large number of U.S.-based non-governmental organizations dedicated to improving the lives of ordinary people in Tanzania, particularly in the fields of Health and Education..

Tanzania is truly an amazing country, poised for socio-economic take-off with the help of vast natural resources and a tourism industry which has become world-class. It is also a country which deeply respects its Constitution. There has never been a revolution, nor has any of its elected presidents ever attempted to fight the two-term limits on the nation’s highest office.

His Excellency John P. Magufuli, Tanzania’s fifth President, took office on November 5th of this year and a new Ambassador to the United States was installed shortly before that. On a personal note, I turned 70 in October. All of these events suggested that it was time for me to tender my resignation. Accordingly, I will end my fifteen-year service as Honorary Consul for Tanzania on December 31st of this year.

At the request of the Foreign Ministry and the Embassy, I have been working to assist them in selecting my successor. I trust the process will not take long. I extend my deep gratitude for the tremendous support and friendship extended to me and wish you all the best in the years ahead.

It has been an honor.

Kjell Bergh, Consul (Hon.)
United Republic of Tanzania
December 16th, 2015

Kjell Bergh
, Chairman and CEO
, Borton Volvo, Borton Overseas ub Minneapolis, Minnesota serves on the Humphrey School Advisory Committee.

More information:  http://tcbmag.com/Leadership/Leaders/2014-International-Citizen-Awards-Global-Players/Kjell-Bergh
© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement