Thursday, March 24, 2016

Alliance for Peacebuilding seeks interns for summer 2016 (Wash DC)

AfP is now seeking interns for Summer 2016 in the following program areas: Communications, Learning & Evaluation, Membership & Development, and Policy. Applicants must be currently-enrolled students and able to work at AfP's DC offices. The deadline for applications is April 6th, 2016.

Peacebuilding as a field, and the Alliance for Peacebuilding as an organization, are in a unique stage of innovation and expansion; we are in a position to offer outstanding candidates a rich learning opportunity to lead and create.

AfP’s interns work at the intersection of the international peacebuilding field in our nation’s capital. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the peacebuilding field from the inside, with broad exposure to a wide variety of civil society organizations, government and military partners, and representatives from fields closely related to peacebuilding. Interns engage with AfP’s network of partners both overseas and in Washington, learn about all of the latest news, events, jobs and research going on in the peacebuilding field, and represent AfP at important events in Washington, DC.

For details about each internship and instructions for how to apply, please click below.
  • Communications – Creative wordsmiths who want to harness the power of narrative to expand the boundaries of peacebuilding.
  • Learning & Evaluation – Meticulous individuals interested in peacebuilding evaluation, supporting program administration and donor communications
  • Membership & Development – “People” people who think in terms of relationships and want to help expand and connect AfP’s growing network of peacebuilding organizations. Strategic thinkers who want to hone their fundraising skills and learn how the philanthropic sectors can catalyze the peacebuilding solutions of tomorrow.
  • Policy – Entrepreneurial “doers” who want to help create opportunities for the latest innovations of peacebuilders around the world to shape U.S. engagements in conflict-affected regions.
 AfP's 2015 Spring Communications and Development Intern, recently spoke of their experience, saying, "The Alliance for Peacebuilding has truly provided me with a trampoline for other related opportunities in the field. AfP has also played a formative role in my understanding of and exposure to the peacebuilding field. Because of AfP’s talented and well-informed staff, I have been able to use lessons learned from my internship and apply them in my classroom discussions around conflict resolution and transformation. The skills I have acquired and refined at AfP will serve as building blocks in my personal peacebuilding efforts. I am certain that I will be sharing concepts and frameworks discussed at AfP in my upcoming internships and academic courses."

Ursala Knudsen-Latta  afp-info@allianceforpeacebuilding.org
Policy & Program Associate

This material appears to be an interesting opportunity for the Humphrey community.  This is meant for information sharing purposes only. 

© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement