HHH alum Reshetova update from Kyiv

Update from MPP alum and former Muskie Fellow Olga Reshetova: "Currently, I'm working as a Program Officer for the Ukraine National Initiatives to Enhance Reforms (UNITER), funded by USAID and implemented by Pact, Inc. in Ukraine. The primary goal of the UNITER is to strengthen and assist leading pro-reform Ukrainian civil society organizations to sustain and consolidate democratic gains. I'm responsible for anti-corruption and constitutional reform portfolio. I'm currently managing 3 projects, 2 others have just finished and 2 more are on the way. All of those are large-scale national initiatives, implemented by prominent Ukrainian NGOs focusing at raising-awareness about the proposed changes to the Constitution of Ukraine, raising awareness and advocacy for protection of the rights of whistleblowers, incorporation of the norms of new anti-corruption legislation into standing rules of regional and local administration, civil society monitoring of creation and functioning of new state institutions, responsible for fighting corruption. anti-corruption investigations, creation of effective tools for asset recovery, among other issues. Despite the fact that both fighting corruption in Ukraine and moving forward the constitutional reform are not easy tasks, the job has been rewarding as the results are tangible and step by step those are moving forward the reforms in my home country. I really hope that I'm adding value to the work of our partners and happy for Ukrainian civil society as in recent years it has become much stronger.

Attached please find my picture with Ted Peck whom it was wonderful to see in Kyiv this summer!"

Note: Ted Peck former HHH staff member, now working for the Peace Corps in Ethiopia.
© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement