Wednesday, August 10, 2016

MDP Hadorn & MPP Holmes field work in Panama

MPP Elise Holmes and MDP Sean Hadorn are completing their summer field internships with Floating Doctors, a California-based NGO that operates in the Bocas del Toro region of Panama.

"This experience has been an exciting union of my background in public health nutrition and my current degree in public policy. Having the opportunity to interact with patients in their home communities has provided a much richer perspective on the work being accomplished by Floating Doctors than simply reading the organization's website." - Elise

"It's been a fascinating experience and I've learned a ton. Over the past month we've been helping out with Floating Doctors' remote clinics and been fully integrated into their operations. Now we're trying to figure out how they can grow and expand into other countries! We're doing very mission oriented program evaluation work - sometime I've never done before - and I love every minute of it." - Sean

cross posted from UMN GPS Alliance: News from the Judd Fellowships A Periodic Newsletter for Fellows, Alumni, and Supporters

© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement