The full-time Program Associate will gain hands on experience collaborating with local and international staff while supporting the team in Sierra Leone to grow its innovative programs. Reporting to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, s/he will work closely with the Sierra Leone Leadership team and program staff to capture impact through documentation, social media and grant writing. S/he will assist with curricula revisions and help strengthen staff capacity through various workshops and training modules.
The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative and flexible with the ability to take on a variety of tasks where there is the most need. The position will be located in the village of Bunumbu, Kailahun District in Eastern Sierra Leone. The Program Associate will have a unique opportunity to work directly with front-line staff while supporting the OVP leadership team to further develop and expand our innovative model.
The Program Associate position is a 6-month minimum entry-level position. This position is ideal for someone who wants to gain on the ground experience in the development field with a growing organization. OVP is constantly adapting to the needs of the communities in which we work and this role will also evolve over time. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the Sierra Leone team next to our partner communities with potential for contract extension or longer term employment opportunities with OneVillage Partners.
- Build the capacity of local staff by developing trainings and workshops.
- Support collaboration between various OVP teams and staff: set up meetings, lead discussions and take notes.
- Oversee partnerships with OVP and various education institutions for student consultancies.
- Keep up to date on relevant topics and sharing with program staff.
- Support Program Director to prepare curricula for packaging: writing and revising, copy editing, formatting, and consolidating learning materials.
- Research topics based on need for OVP programs, learning and growth.
- Support with grant writing and proposals.
- Contribute monthly content to OVP’s website and blog
- Compile and submit monthly reports and staff reflections.
- Support MEL Manager to collect and share communications with the US team including stories, quotes and media about OVP’s impact.
- Support MEL Manager to implement and report on Most Significant Change.
- Assist Finance and Operations Manager with HR policy revision and development.
- Assist Finance and Operations Manager to strengthen OVP’s recruitment and onboarding process.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in international development or similar, master’s degree is an advantage.
- 2-3 years of work experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 consecutive months abroad, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Fluency and excellent writing ability in English.
- Willingness to live in a rural environment for a minimum of 6 months in Eastern Sierra Leone.
- Passion for community-led development.
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
- OneVillage Partners Job Description—Program Associate
- Round Trip Airfare
- Emergency medical evacuation and health insurance
- Living stipend
- Phone allowance
- Work-related transportation
- Partially furnished room in shared staff quarters
Application Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2017