Women In International Security (WIIS) is seeking a gender and global security intern to work part-time (20 hours per week) from June to September 2017, with the possibility of an extension. Strong candidates should have, or are currently completing, an M.A. or B.A. in Women’s/Gender Studies, Conflict and Resolution, Security Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Science, or a related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct thorough research on topics related to gender and international security;
· Write articles and blogs on topics related to global security;
· Conduct member interviews;
· Coordinate membership services (compile JobsHotline, circulate WIIS Words, initiate networking events);
· Attend and report on key events and discussions relevant to WIIS program objectives;
· Monitor and track programmatic activities and research;
· Organize and help facilitate events and large projects.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· At least one year of professional experience is strongly preferred;
· Solid organizational abilities and detail-oriented;
· Strong research and computer skills;
· Experience and/or interest in global security and gender issues;
· Current student or recently graduated.
· Experience working at a unique global, leadership organization;
· Collaboration within a positive team environment;
· Increased understanding of and alignment with global security issues;
· Career mentoring and professional development;
· Networking with other professionals working on global security issues.
Deadline to Apply: April 1, 2017
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (3-5 pages) to email@example.com with “Gender and Global Security Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until April 1, 2016. Learn more about the position HERE.