As a reminder, please note:
(1) International Travel Registry. All UMN personnel traveling on University business to any location outside the U.S. must register with GPS Alliance before departing.
(2) Fly America Act. Air travel using federal funds must comply with the Fly America Act rules, which mandate the use of U.S. carrier service--even if non-U.S. carriers offer cheaper options--except in certain situations. For details about the Act and obtaining the required certifications for exceptions if applicable, please see here (click on the "Fly America Act" drop-down) or contact Patrick Briscoe, the University's Export Controls and International Projects Officer (612-625-3860, bris002
(3) Sanctioned Destinations. Anyone planning to travel on University business to a location subject to U.S. economic sanctions must first consult with Patrick Briscoe. The restricted locations are currently--
- North Korea,
- Sudan (North), and
- the Crimea region of Ukraine.
Thank you, and please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Export Controls and International Projects Officer
- Economic sanctions and export controls
- Fly America Act
Kevin Dostal Dauer
Director of International Health, Safety, and Compliance
- International Travel Registry
- Related insurance, health, and safety matters