We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
The Program Manager will play a key leadership role in SFCG’s Middle East and North Africa programs. He/she will work closely with the Regional Director and Country Directors to manage fundraising efforts and develop relationships with partners and donors. Responsibilities will include managing the business development processes, drafting proposals, technical support on program design, and assistance in donor relations management. The Program Manager will report to the Regional Director and will be based in Washington, DC. He/she will directly manage four to five Program Associates based across the MENA region. The position will require travel to MENA.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Supervise all business process related to proposal development;
- Ensure development of fundraising strategies and capture plans for each country program;
- Provide support to country programs in their technical designs for projects, writing, editing and preparation of proposals for submission;
- Supervise and coordinate with MENA Regional Support Team in their support to program design, budget preparation, and proposal writing;
- Increase awareness and use of strategic funding mechanisms
- Develop and maintain relationships with key donors, especially with USG and European actors;
- Cultivate strong relationships and partnership opportunities with other INGOs and contractors;
- Lead DC-based advocacy efforts for the MENA region;
- Provide effective management and mentorship of 4-5 direct reports
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
You meet the following qualifications:
You meet the following qualifications:
- At least six years of experience in the peacebuilding/conflict resolution field or related international development field including humanitarian response, democracy and governance, etc.
- At least 4 years of experience in business development for international development organizations. Specific experience with a range of donors, including for USG (USAID and Department of State), European Commission, United Nations, and various European Member States is necessary;
- Demonstrated knowledge of various funding mechanisms and of donor rules and requirements;
- Substantial experience designing projects which include the essentials of Monitoring & Evaluation;
- Understanding of conflict dynamics in the Middle East and North Africa;
- Experience in management of staff; and
- Superior (native level) writing/editing skills in English.
- Bachelor degree in international relations or related field. Post-graduate degree in related field a plus;
- Proven ability to deliver results in a short time;
- Dynamic leader with creative problem-solving skills, particularly in challenging situations;
- Knowledge of major donor rules and regulation;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to build and conduct effective; professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Field experience in MENA a plus;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability; and
- Experience with creative conflict resolution practice.
- Proficiency in French or Arabic (include a French or Arabic writing sample in your application if relevant)
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience, with excellent benefitsPlease follow the application instructions, or your submission will not be considered. To apply, interested candidates should submit:
- Send a cover letter, writing sample and current resume to our employment website here.
- Follow these instructions for your writing sample:
- It must be 300-500 words (NO MORE)
- It must be unedited by others
- It must be in English (Additionally, please include French or Arabic language sample(s) if you have it)
- Follow these instructions for your cover letter:
- minimum salary requirements (or current salary)
- projected start date,
- where you found this posting.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with final deadline on April 21, 2017. We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
This material is cross-posted from Ikram Ben Said and appears to be an interesting opportunity for the Humphrey community. This is meant for information sharing purposes only.