MPP Courneya awarded China Center Scholarship

Congratulations to MPP/MBA student Jonas Courneya on being awarded the University of Minnesota Summer 2018 China Center Scholarship,

"I am a dual MPP/MBA grad student. My studies focus on Global Public Policy and International Business. With that in mind, I am eager to get as much exposure to the international community as possible. China is an influential international player on the global stage, and a country where I have never been. Outside of previous literature I've read, I know very little about the country. Going there was something I needed to do. I know the "Planning for China's Urban Billion" course would be the perfect way for me to discover the international development challenges China faces due to its rising population in urban centers. I am excited for the immersive learning experience the course provides.

My travels abroad have been some of the most rewarding experiences of my life. They come with their financial challenges however. I applied for the China Center Scholarship and am grateful to be awarded funds to help finance the trip. I appreciate this funding opportunity the China Center and its generous donors have granted me. I am excited for Prof. Yingling Fan to be facilitating this trip and eager to learn from her experience and extensive network in China."

Jonas G. Courneya  M.P.P. (Candidate) | Humphrey School of Public Affairs
M.B.A. (Candidate) | Carlson School of Management

The China Center awarded scholarships for Summer 2018 study in Greater China to eight students through its China Center Scholarship, Hsiao Scholarship, and the Min (Amy) Xu and Michael Schumann Scholarship. Award recipients hail from a diverse range of academic backgrounds and represent a variety of colleges across the University including Liberal Arts, Science and Engineering, Education and Human Development, and Public Affairs.

© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement