MDP students Ramos & Aryal profiled in Judd newsletter--Belize project

Juliana Ramos and Sadikshya Aryal are in Belize and working with the Maya Leaders Alliance supporting their design of a prototype framework for biocultural innovations featuring local practices and resources.   

“The field experience in Belize has allowed me to further develop my passion for preserving Indigenous knowledge and heritage. The Maya people are resilient, resourceful, and kind. I am grateful for this opportunity.” - Sadikshya

“Overall, the work has been intense, but extremely rewarding. Throughout our working sessions, I was mesmerized by the villagers’ connection to their land and biological resources. I have learned a lot about the Maya people's biocultural heritage, and I feel honored for having the opportunity to add to the work of the Maya Leaders Alliance.” - Juliana                          

Walter H. Judd International Graduate & Professional Fellowships

The Walter H. Judd International Graduate & Professional Fellowships are designed to support the continued internationalization of the University of Minnesota by providing critical assistance to students enrolled in master’s and professional degree programs, and to increase opportunities for students to study, undertake internships, and conduct research projects abroad. A primary goal of the fellowships is to increase exposure to other cultures. The program especially encourages applications from students who have never traveled abroad.

Funding is provided by a generous gift from the Walter H. Judd Fund of The Minneapolis Foundation and additional funds from the Global Programs and Strategy Alliance, with support from individual donors.
© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement