Jennifer Potter Emerging Leaders Fellowship, open to the next generation of African Business Leaders

The Jennifer Potter Emerging Leaders Fellowship is a groundbreaking effort to inspire and empower the next generation of African business leaders. Launched in 2013, the initiative was undertaken in recognition of Jennifer Potter, IGD’s former President & CEO and her ten years of leadership and commemorates her dedication to expanding economic opportunity throughout her career, particularly among women.
Each year IGD selects two promising young business leaders under the age of 40 who demonstrate a commitment to Africa’s development through business growth and investment, and have the potential to forge economic and development changes across the continent. Through a one-year sponsored membership, Emerging Leader Fellows:
  • Gain exclusive access to IGD’s network of sector-leading senior executives.
  • Attend IGD’s Africa-based Frontier 100 Forum with sponsored travel costs.
  • Participate in exclusive mentorship activities with CEOs in the IGD Frontier Leader Network.
These experiences provide Emerging Leader Fellows the opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals operating successful businesses in Africa. The Fellowship will influence their business practices and foster relationships that support business objectives and maximize investments.
1
“The opportunity to be a Jennifer Potter Emerging Leaders Fellow came at right time when I was trying to improve and grow my business. The fellowship and the network it brings have indeed been great. I cherish these privileges that I know would help my career go far.” –Adeshola Komolafe, 2014 Fellow

Susan Pic - Devex“It’s really great to become a JPELF fellow. I’d like to turn these opportunities and network into something of concrete value to make a difference in many people’s lives. Thanks to the IGD’s fellowship, I can see a big picture now, a holistic approach to my business, and I know how to more forward.”- Susan Mashibe, 2013 Fellow
> Click here to download the Fellowship Information PDF.

NOMINATE A FELLOW OR APPLY TO BECOME ONE

To make a nomination or apply to be a Fellow, please complete the online form.  The 2015 deadline is October 1st.
This material is cross-posted from the Peace and Collaborative Development Network, http://internationalpeaceandconflict.org and appears to be an interesting opportunity for the Humphrey community.   This is meant for information sharing purposes only. 
© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement