MPP alum Barta USAID contractor

Update from MPP alum Barta: "I started my position as a USAID contractor
​ in Washington, D.C.​ last November. ​I serve as a ​Program Assistant within the Bureau of Policy, Planning, and Learning's Office of Learning, Evaluation, and Research (USAID/PPL/LER). More specifically, I work on the Expanding Monitoring and Evaluation Capacities (MECap) task order, which supports USAID ​in its effort ​to reinforce and expand monitoring & evaluation (M&E) capacities across the Agency.

MECap bolsters Washington, bi-lateral and regional mission capacity to plan for, undertake and use high quality M&E by delivering technical assistance. As an office we lead a multidisciplinary team of core staff and subcontractors to develop M&E tools and processes, deliver technical assistance, place long-term M&E and Learning Fellows, as well as conduct analyses and special studies to contribute to organizational learning. In collaboration with LER,
​our​ team develops tools and outreach products, provides technical assistance to USAID staff and implementing partners, and contributes to the introduction of state-of-the-art M&E practices applicable to the USAID context.

It's been an excellent learning opportunity thus far, and I'm excited about the projects and policies that I'm working on. In particular, I'm currently working with PPL on reviewing and promoting sustainable development through high-impact partnerships and local solutions. Through USAID Forward's suite of policies, local solutions embraces new models for public-private partnerships and increased investment directly to partner governments and local organizations. It's been a busy few months, but I'm enjoying my work!"
© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement