Congratulations to everyone who participated in the 2017 U of M Global Health Case Competition!
The Humphrey School was well represented! Two of our very own MDP students, Amal Warsame and Adriana Arce Martinez, participated on Team 5 under the mentorship of the Team Coach, Dr. Sherry Gray. In addition, one of our Humphrey Fellows, Floro Balato, Jr. served as Judge.
After spending the week immersed in the topic of sex trafficking and seeking local solutions for the city of Atlanta, thirteen teams made their presentations to a panel of expert judges on Saturday, January 28. The winning team will go on to compete in the Emory University International Global Health Case Competition at the end of March. We applaud all of the teams' outstanding efforts! More details.
First Place - Team 4
Congratulations to Team 4 for their first place win at the fourth annual U of M Global Health Case Competition! The team will be competing in the Emory International Global Health Case Competition at the end of March.
- Mara Smith (Nursing)
- Noureldin Saad (Public Health)
- Iana Panovkina (Nursing)
- Brendan Coutu (Medical School)
- Yasmeen Saad (Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences)
- Spencer Cahoon (Public Health)
- Team Coach: Linda Frizzell (School of Public Health)
Runners Up - Team 12
- Carrie Degerness (Nursing)
- Natalie Loots (Public Health)
- Pam Potempa-Rivers (Liberal Arts)
- Maya Rivera (Public Health)
- Team Coach: Megan Voorhees (Institute on the Environment)
Runners Up - Team 10
- Sheila Kennedy (Nursing)
- Sarah Lentz (Biological Sciences)
- Anshumaan Atriwal (Management)
- Christy Choi (Pharmacy)
- Olasunmbo Okedele (Public Health)
- Team Coach: Fred Rose (Institute on the Environment)
- Floro Balato, Jr., International Fellow, Humphrey School of Public Affairs; Senior Immigration Officer at the Philippine Bureau of Immigration
- Zobeida Bonilla, Assistant Professor, School of Public Health
- Monique Drier, Joint Community Police Partnership Supervisor, Hennepin County
- Karin Hamilton, Assistant Professor, Veterinary Population Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Heidi Kopischke, West Metro Regional Navigator, The Link
- Lauren Martin, Director of Research, UROC/University of Minnesota; Affiliate Faculty, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Tricia Todd, Assistant Director, Health Careers Center; Instructor, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota
- Patrick Williams, MPH Student, School of Public Health