UMN Student Travel Registry (International)

University of Minnesota International Travel Registry for Students 

Who must register?
University of Minnesota students including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree students, medical residents, and fellows traveling abroad for University purposes must register their travel. Registration facilitates compliance with the University’s Education Abroad policy.

Note: International students also need to register anytime they are traveling for University purposes including when traveling to their home country.

Students studying abroad through an Education Abroad Office listed below should NOT use this online travel registry as they are already registered by their Education Abroad Office. Please contact your education abroad office for more information:
Crookston: Learning Abroad Office
Duluth: UMD Study Abroad
Morris: Academic Center for Enrichment Study Abroad
Twin Cities:
Carlson Global Institute
Learning Abroad Center
What is traveling "for University purposes"?
Traveling for University purposes includes travel led by University faculty and staff; promoted by University faculty, staff, and units; funded by the University; or where credit is awarded or degree requirements are fulfilled. Examples include work, internships, field study, research, volunteering, conference or workshop attendance, athletic events, and Campus Life Program (CLP) activities abroad. Travel with a Registered Student Organization (RSO), that is not otherwise funded or supported by the University, and personal travel such as a vacation is NOT for University purposes.
© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement